Latest News

Wednesday 14 April 2010

 

As I have been lucky enough to travel to many destinations I thought I would tell others about my own experiences in some of my favourite places.

I travelled to the lovely little island of Menorca in June 2009 with my husband and two small children, this was my first visit to the island, although not my first time in the Balearics. I would say that this island exceeded my expectations. Even though I adore Ibiza and would revisit Mallorca, I would say that Menorca is by far the prettiest of the islands.

beach in front of hotel at arenal den castell

 

We stayed in a little resort called Arenal De’n Castell, somewhere perfect for those wanting a quiet week away and with children that are quite happy to play on the beach or be entertained by resort staff. However if you are a family that needs plenty to see and do then this might not be the perfect resort for you, so why don’t you chose somewhere like…Son Bou or Cala N’ Bosch?

The hotel that we chose to stay in was the Aguamarina, although this was not a particularly pretty hotel to look at, the rooms were clean, the hotel staff were fabulous and the childrens club was just perfect to keep our 4 year old entertained whilst myself and my husband spent a little time unwinding by the pool.

 

A little piece of area info for you….

The second largest of the Balearic Islands, Menorca (also spelt Minorca), lies 140 miles east of the mainland and 25 miles northeast of Majorca. 33 miles long and about 10 miles wide, the island has a largely rugged northern half with a deeply incised coastline, contrasting with the much gentler profile of the south finally giving way to a string of white sandy beaches. The capital Mahon, with its large natural harbour, is in the east, 2 miles from the airport. A good highway links the town with the much older Ciudadela at the opposite end of the island. The resorts are almost all purpose-built and dotted along the coast mainly in the south, but in spite of these developments, Menorca appears relatively unspoilt and quiet compared to its neighbours.

menorca 123

Country info……

Location: Europe

Capital City: Madrid

Population: 40.5 million

Area: 505,955 square km, 195,349 square miles.

Language(s): Spanish (Castilian), Catalan, Galician, Basque

Dialling Code: 34

Electricity: 220V AC 50Hz

Emergency: Police, Fire & Ambulance: 112

Driving: Driving is on the right. EU Driving Licences are accepted,  if not an International Driving Licence is required. Minimum driving age is 18, however minimum age for car hire is 21

Business/Social Hints: Business is conducted in Spanish, many executives speak French or English. On social occasions, eg invitation to restaurants, be reasonably punctual and dress as for business meetings unless otherwise indicated

 

If that has wet your appetite, give me a call and I’ll find the best possible deal for you and your family to enjoy this beautiful little island!

Sue Arscott                                   

 

0 comments:

GMT

Search My Holiday Expert

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers